Expect to slow down!
- Take a break from phones and Internet
- Enjoy time away from work, family and Church responsibilities
- Take in the scenery during a morning hike or an afternoon of optional activities at Snow Mountain Ranch (Day pass included in full Retreat fee)
- We’ll be at high altitude – you may get out of breath more easily, so go slow
Expect to share
- Accommodations – we share rooms and beds (linens and towels provided) in a large cabin with a kitchen and dining area
- Food – our tradition is a potluck dinner Friday with leftovers for lunch Saturday
- Many hands make light work – we all pitch in at meal-times
Expect a little pampering
- Catered family-style dinner Saturday night
- Breakfast provided Saturday and Sunday
- Optional trip Saturday afternoon to Hot Sulphur Springs – book your spa service ahead (970-725-3306) or just come to the pools for $20
Expect to be inspired, motivated, emotionally and spiritually fed
- Music – we love to sing together! (Bring an instrument if you like)
- Guest speaker – always someone who stretches our brains a little
- Lots of talking, in formal group discussions and spontaneous conversations
- Exposure to different life experiences and opinions
What to bring
Mountain clothes – weather can be unpredictable. Dress code is very casual, but bring warm clothes and a jacket for the evening. It’s a great place for hiking, so bring clothes and shoes appropriate for the outdoors.
Hot Springs – besides your bathing suit, bring flip-flops for walking between pools. Towels and robes may be rented there, or bring your own. Also, bring change for a locker.
Food – this is a true potluck; we take whatever we get. Store-bought or homemade, healthy or indulgent, we love it all. We include a vegetarian option for Saturday but if you have other restrictions, (e.g. vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free) please be sure to bring things you can eat.
Other optional items:
- Refillable water bottle – you’ll be high and dry up there!
- Sunblock and/or hat
- Book for book exchange
- Flashlight or nightlight
- Headache remedy for those altitude headaches